- Before you adopt a pet, talk to family members about what kind of pet they want.
- If you’re getting a pet for your children, don’t expect the kiddies to do all the work.
- Decide ahead of time which age appropriate responsibilities your children will have.
- Make sure your family is ready for the changes a new pet will bring – extra walks and playtime, potty training, obedience training, veterinary and everyday expenses, etc.
- Confirm whether anyone in your family suffers from allergies.
- Know that some animals and young children may not play well together.
- Make sure a pet suits your home and lifestyle –your energy level should match that of your new pet!
- Create a schedule to share responsibility for caring for your pet.
- Know how to introduce a new pet into your home with your family and other pets. We can help!
Please email: email@example.com if you are interested in adopting or have any questions.