One Love Animal Rescue does not have a public facility, rather works from a foster network within our community. Each of the animals listed in our animal gallery are located in various foster homes within our community and we would be happy to schedule a meet and greet with them.
One Love Animal Rescue, Inc. Adoption Counselors work hard to find the proper match for each of our pets, to ensure that both the adopting family and the pet will be happy with the decision. All applicants must go through the One Love adoption process, which is generally as follows:
- Choose your new pet. View our adoptable animals in our animal gallery at http://oneloveanimalrescue.com/animal-gallery/
- Complete the Pre-Adoption Application online at: http://oneloveanimalrescue.com/pre-adoption-application/
- We will then review your application and if appropriate, schedule a time for you to meet the pet(s) of interest. We are a small local rescue who will consider out of area adoptions as long as we can fulfill all steps of our adoption procedure
- If the meet and greet goes well, we then schedule a home visit to complete the remainder of the adoption process. If you rent, we require a copy of your lease agreement and proof that your pet deposit has been paid. If you own, we do ask that you make sure through your HOA that there are no size/breed restrictions. You can also review the adoption agreement at: http://oneloveanimalrescue.com/adoption-agreement/
- All members of the adoptive household must meet the pet. Adopter must provide vaccination records of all current resident pets. At minimum, felines must have a FCVRP rabies vaccines and be tested for Felv/FIV and canines must have rabies, DHPP and be heartworm tested. We do ask that all resident pets be altered unless medically unable.
- One Love's policy requires that an adopter be at least 21 years of age
- Complete the Adoption Agreement and supply requested donation. All of our canine adoptions are $200. As a dog 6 months of age or older, they will be fully vaccinated, spayed or neutered and microchip. Puppies under 6 months of age will fall under our Puppy voucher program and your adoption donation will include all vaccines, microchip and alter as the puppy comes of age at one our 3 participating veterinarian hospitals. Our feline adoptions are $85 for kittens under 1 year old and $55 for 1 year and older. Cats and kittens will be fully vaccinated, microchipped, tested and altered.
- One Love requires all adopted cats and dogs to live indoors as they have already had a tough start at life, we want to make them part of the family!
- All dog adoptions also come with 6 group puppy classes or 2 private in-studio classes lead by Claudia Kalinsky-Black with Trainthisdog.com
Pets adopted from One Love Animal Rescue will be on flea and heartworm prevention if of age, as well.